- Forbes, A., Falloon, G., Stevenson, M., Hatzigianni, M., Bower, M. (in press). An analysis of the nature of young students’ STEM learning in 3D technology-enhanced Makerspaces. Early Education Development.
- Bower, M., Stevenson, M., Forbes, A., Falloon, G., & Hatzigianni, M. (2020). Makerspaces pedagogy–supports and constraints during 3D design and 3D printing activities in primary schools. Educational Media International, 57(1), 1-28.
- Falloon, G., Hatzigianni, M., Bower, M., Forbes, A., & Stevenson, M. (2020). Understanding K-12 STEM Education: a Framework for Developing STEM Literacy. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 1-17.
- Hatzigianni, M., Stevenson, M., Bower, M., Falloon, G., & Forbes, A. (2020). Children’s views on making and designing. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal, 28(2), 286-300.
- Stevenson, M., Bower, M., Falloon, G., Forbes, A., & Hatzigianni, M. (2019). By design: Professional learning ecologies to develop primary school teachers’ makerspaces pedagogical capabilities. British Journal of Educational Technology, 50(3), 1260-1274 [PAPER].
- Hatzigianni, M., Bower, M., Stevenson. M., Falloon, G. & Forbes, A. (2019, 20-23 August). iDesign therefore iLearn: young children’s design thinking skills in makerspaces. Presented at the 29th European Early Childhood Education Research Association [EECERA] conference: Early years: making it count, Thessaloniki, Greece [ABSTRACT] [PRESENTATION].
- Bower, M., Stevenson, M., Falloon, G., Forbes, A., & Hatzigianni, M. (2018). High Impact Learning and Teaching using 3D Design and 3D Printing in Primary School Makerspaces. In Proceedings of the Australian Council for Computers and Education Annual Conference 2018 – ImpaCT (pp. 93-106). Sydney: ACCE [PAPER] [PRESENTATION].
- Bower, M. (2018). Makerspaces in Primary School Settings. Digital Learning and Teaching Victoria webinar (3rd December 2018): https://dltv.vic.edu.au/event-3127825
- Sydney Morning Herald article: ‘It was amazing’ – How 3D printers taught kindy kids to take risks (29 October 2018). Available at: https://www.smh.com.au/education/it-was-amazing-how-3d-printers-taught-kindy-kids-to-take-risks-20181026-p50c8g.html
- 3D Printing article: Study shows 3D printing improves design thinking skills in primary schools (30th October 2018). Available at: https://3dprintingindustry.com/news/study-shows-3d-printing-improves-design-thinking-skills-in-primary-schools-142376/
- Techboard article: Makers Empire – New university research into makerspaces shows compelling benefits (31st October 2018). Available at https://techboard.com.au/announcement/makers-empire-new-university-research-shows-compelling-benefits-of-makerspaces-and-3d-printing-for-primary-schools/
- Education Matters article (October 2018): Impacts of Makerspaces for Primary Students. Available at: http://www.educationmattersmag.com.au/impacts-of-makerspaces-for-primary-students/
- 3Ders.Org article (1st November 2018): Study shows 3D printing could enhance design thinking and creativity in primary schools. Available at: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20181101-study-shows-3d-printing-could-enhance-design-thinking-and-creativity-in-primary-schools.html
- 3D Natives article: Comment les élèves et les enseignants peuvent-ils bénéficier de l’impression 3D? (How can students and teachers benefit from 3D Printing? 31st October 2018). Available at: https://www.3dnatives.com/ecole-impression-3d-311020183/
- 3D Print Of week article: 研究表明：3D打印可以提高小学的设计思维能力. (Research shows that 3D printing can improve the design thinking ability of primary school students. 1st November 2018). Available at: https://3dprint.ofweek.com/2018-11/ART-132109-8140-30278055.html
- World of 3D Printing Magazine: Australische Studie zeigt die Vorteile von 3D-Druckern in Grundschulen für Kinder (Australian study shows the benefits of 3D printers in elementary schools for children, 5th November 2018). Available at: https://techboard.com.au/announcement/makers-empire-new-university-research-shows-compelling-benefits-of-makerspaces-and-3d-printing-for-primary-schools/
- The Educator Australia article (7th Nov 2018): New study highlights impact of makerspaces in schools. Available at: https://www.theeducatoronline.com/au/news/new-study-highlights-impact-of-makerspaces-in-schools/257031
- EdTechMagazine article (27th Nov 2018): 3D Printing Highly Effective for Building Creative Skills in K–12.Available at: https://edtechmagazine.com/k12/article/2018/11/3d-printing-highly-effective-building-creative-skills-k-12-infographic
- The STEAM report article (27th Nov 2018): Organising chaos works for makerspaces. Available at: http://www.thesteamreport.com.au/news-detail/Organising-chaos-works-for-Makerspaces-4298
- Featured on the Australian Digital Technologies Hub at https://www.digitaltechnologieshub.edu.au/resourcedetail?id=53264a98-09f9-6792-a599-ff0000f327dd#/
- Featured on Victorian Education and Training Fuse website at http://fuse.education.vic.gov.au/Resource/LandingPage?ObjectId=75572bfb-0f33-4fb3-accf-00d75cffe2d7